View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 05:29 AM   #22
cs413
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3354
I agree. That's the least I would do also. It must be heavier steel than it looks because it takes a pretty good shock if the pin slips out of the hitch into the saver. It seems like the sides would buckle. I'm glad it doesn't - pretty cheap preventive insurance. Actually I can't see how it happens in the first place because I'm pretty careful hooking up, I'm a little paranoid about things like that and do double and triple checks, but I have been known to make a dumb mistake or two, like backing into the pinbox with the tailgate up. That was a real nice dent. My father-in-law has a Cardinal 5er and I asked him if he ever had the pin come out of the hitch and he said no, BUT in his travels he has talked with others that have. They said it seems that some "kids" favorite thing to do is release the slide bar when we are stopped for a break or eating and if you don't notice it getting back in the truck - when you take off the pin ends up sitting in the bed of the truck. It's a shame to think people will stoop that low. So beware. I bought a lock for the safety catch on the slide bar so that cannot happen.
Be safe,
Curt
cs413 is offline   Reply With Quote