View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
I was wondering why giant sat dish on roof?

Hello everyone,
I was just wondering why all these RV's have giant Data Storm dishes on their roof for high speed internet. Most of us have laptops don't we? All I have to do is plug it in the wireless card slot on the laptop and in within a few seconds we are connected. Most modern and updated RV parks have wireless internet right? I have a Verizon Broadband aircard for backup or while I'm in transit and it's wonderful. The DW usually looks up things and navigates while I do the driving. Mostly I just use the park wi-fi connection when we are parked for a period of time.. I was wondering if these people that have these GIANT dishes on their roofs just don't know you can get internet with something as small as two fingers put together, also you can use mine while driving down the road. I am just guessing that you probably can't use the Data Storms while driving, can you? My service only costs us $59.95 a month and it works everywhere, even when we go through tunnels. We love it! Here is a picture of what I have. Thanks for any info.
traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote