Thread: Grey Tank Leak
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #8
Hamlej
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22749
I installed the rubber flexible hose and thought the problem was solved then 2 days later we heard a loud bang and discovered the grey water tank fell through bottom of the trailer. We called an RV mobile tech to see if this could be repaired on site. Little did I know or realize that the separation at the inlet was caused by the tank support bracket that was bent causing the tank to shift. Long story short when installed at the factory the tank rests on a stationary cross member at the front and removable cross member at the back of the tank. The tank has a lip all around that rests on these supports. Unfortunately when mine was installed the removable support was placed to far back and just an 1/8 inch of the lip was setting on the supports. As we traveled down the road with waste in the tank it kept bouncing on the very edge of the support causing it to bend downward. It finally got to the point where it allowed the tank to fall through. The mobile tech straightened out the support and reinforced it with angled iron and drilled new holes to mount the support firmly under lips of the tank. Just for my own piece of mind I also had him fabricate and install a bracket across the bottom of the tank.

Larry and Linda Stetz
2018 3820FK
2019 F350 Lariet DRW 14000# GVWR 6.7 Turbo Diesel
Hamlej is offline   Reply With Quote