View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Haven"t seen this one before

Spent a few days in a local COE park. Night before last as it was nearing time for bed, I went to wash a glass in the kitchen sink. Opened hot water faucet. Nothing. No flow at all. Tried cold and there was flow, but low pressure. Strange. Good hot water flow washing supper dishes earlier. Hmmm? Park water problem? Water heater check valve maybe? Gonna make for a cold shower. But didn't worry about it right away.

Later I went into the bathroom and could hear water flowing. A lot. Went outside and water was gushing from under the trailer, down the pad, across the street. and off the other side. Opened the convenience center door and water was spraying with force. Turned off water and here is what I found. Hot water low point drain valve cracked around cap and insides had blown out and full water flow out of it. A hasty repair using large zip ties held it to minimal leak. Otherwise we would have been without water until next day as it was about 10 PM. Fortunately sites are 100-150' apart so I did not flood any else's site.

Don't remember anyone ever posting about such a valve fail before. Now to find a replacement. Lowe's, Home Depot, hardware store, and local small RV parts place did not have one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	valve fail 1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1636   Click image for larger version

Name:	valve fail 2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1637  
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote