View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #52
wade
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22358
not happy with AC performance

Just bought a montana high country 310RE. It has 2 AC units, the one in the living room/kitchen area is the 15000 BTU is the whisper quite one and the bedroom one has the dump air and they are both all ducted together. the issue is when spending the day traveling in hot weather we reach the campground and the ac is not capable of cooling the camper down. your only hope is that the outside temp drops considerable. YES its been checked out with the dealer and its all good, theirs only 2 degrees difference between the bedroom ac and the living room. the issue is the whisper quite ac doesn't push out enough air from the four ceiling vents , it needs the dump air option on it like the bedroom ac or maybe a internal pusher fan inside the duct work. I've never had a problem like this with any of my other campers I've had because they had the dump air and only one ac to boot. Another problem is that a lot of the campgrounds up here in New England still only have a 30amp hookup so I can use only one ac. not good and not impressed and! and that's just one of the many issues this camper had. The dealer has 68 man hours invested in fixing all the factory screw ups on this camper that was bought new this spring
wade is offline   Reply With Quote