View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #28
Mont77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
I have the 3790 built mid August 2018. I like the option of the RV refer over the residential.

It has tons of accessible storage. The rear sliding tray is great. I can't seem to fill it up! The trailer will be heavy. I'd suggest getting disc brakes. I upgraded after the second trip out.

It has ample headroom. I'm 6'3". I can stand up in both ends of the unit without hitting my head. My oldest son can't. He's 6'9" and has to tilt his head.

The 20th Anniversary kitchen layout is nice with the refer on the front side. The pantry is big, but too deep to organize and not hide things. We ordered the counter top extensions for the island from the similar 31 model. That made a huge difference in counter space.

This weekend, I added the 3rd AC. I moved the original front AC only unit to the kitchen spot and ordered the AC/heat pump model for the ductless system in the bedroom. It works great with two running. It seems to work down to around 32°F. I just did a system check a few minutes ago and it's 32 out and it's heating. We camp a lot in 100+ temps so I figured I'd get the 3rd unit installed sooner than later and see how it works for the cooler fall temps.

The den recliners are usable, but the control buttons are hard to push and get a response.

The factory Jensen stereo is crap. The Jensen only outputs 6W a channel. It's tinny sounding. We tried to watch a movie last trip and it was almost unbearable. I'm in the process of adding a 800W stereo system. Two amps, a 12" sub behind the recliners and four smaller speakers. The amps I installed are 100W per channel.
The counter top extensions did you order them while the camper was being built or order them after you got the camper? I didn't know you could get them. Would love to have them in our camper. Thanks.
Mont77 is offline   Reply With Quote