View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 03:49 PM   #15
bigbob7777
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3701
Send a message via AIM to bigbob7777
Howdy,
Haven't posted in a while - glad to be back.

My DW and I fulltime in our 2005 3500rl and pull it with a dodge 3500 dually, diesel. All I can say is: when on the freeway and an 18 wheeler passes me, I don't even notice. I mean absolutely zero sway. I don't know if the single rear wheel will do that.

My unit with the splendide 2100 w/d and loaded (not overloaded) with our fulltime "stuff", weighs exactly - and I do mean exactly - 21000 lbs. No water in the fresh tank though, so you may need to add some lbs if you plan to carry some. If you get the 4 x 4 with the 3.73 gears, you will be overweight.

We don't plan to be where the snow is, so 4 x 4 was never an option for us. The truck pulls very well, even though you do need to watch your speed when going down steep grades. It does fine, just be smart.

We absolutely love the floorplan. We have dinner and then relax in the "media room". If one of us wants to go to bed early, we just close the french doors and noone is disturbed. We also have the fireplace, and when some chilly nights sneek up on us, just turning this on makes us feels very toasty.

We average just about 12 mpg towing (at 65 mph), and 19-22 mpg empty. When we take our foot off the gas pedal and average 60 mph, we get 12.5 - 13 mpg.

If you have more questions, please feel free to PM me. I can give you my phone/email as needed.

bob
bigbob7777 is offline   Reply With Quote