View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 07:33 AM   #19
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
I'm curious as to just what you mean by "flattened out axles". Are you saying the axel tubes are crushed flat?
We arrived at our winter base couple of weeks ago and found one tire badly worn on the inside. I'm taking it in next week for what I expect is an alignment. As a result I'm sort of educating myself on suspension and very interested in this discussion. I'm a bit surprised that I could get that far out in just two years. As far as I can tell I don't see any damage to the axels or springs or anything and I'm not aware of hitting anything to cause damage other than the normal horrific conditions of our Interstates.
Also the thought of IS and disc brakes has entered my head but I'm not sure I want to lay out that kind of $. We are half timers and don't move that much. About 9000 miles in two years.
I really appreciate the knowledge base of this forum.
That's flattened out springs, meaning the arch appears to be gone.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote