View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 07:25 AM   #21
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Being that I still work for a living and do not have the luxury of leisure travel which I look forward to the day I can. I travel at the spur of the moment and make long days in an effort to maximize my time at my destination. So I travel till I am tired useing good sense to get off the road before I am driving by braille. I keep a generator in the bed of my TV and have a cord run the length of the trailer to be able to run the generator supply power at all times. Also works for cooling the trailer before I stop. Wally World and Cracker Barrel are the best if allowed. (Spend some money there) I have had good luck with truck stops parking under the brightest light available, not to mention the generator in truck stops is not a problem. As for safety, that is very much a judgement call. Look at th people walking around if they look like a threat they probably are. A rule of thumb I use if a lot of truckers have their curtains or covers over theit windshield they feel safe. If the windows are open for view they are on alert and so should you.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote