View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #19
scottkeen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20894
I'm sure my list will grow, but I'm keeping duplicates of many RV parts in the RV:
  • Dometic toilet valve (tip: Don't buy the non-Dometic knock-offs, I bought 2 and they both leaked)
  • Hot water heater anode rod
  • Hot water heater electric heating element
  • Hot water heater electric on/off switch (replaced this already)
  • Water pump and connection hoses
  • Sewer hose, water hoses, water pressure adapters, etc
I also have backups of certain appliances in case the primary appliance fails:
  • Big Buddy propane heater in case the RV furnace fails
  • Electric oil-filled radiator heater in case the Big Buddy fails or I'm out of propane. Plus I'd rather use the CS electricity instead of my propane
  • Electric fans in case the RV air-conditioner fails
  • Induction cooktop in case the RV propane stove fails. Plus I'd rather use the CS electricity instead of my propane
  • Portable 100W solar panels and charger so I can charge my RV house battery in case the RV converter fails
  • ...and (drumroll...) 5-gallon bucket in case the RV toilet fails
I plan to get a 2nd air-conditioner (the bedroom is pre-wired for 2nd A/C) not because I need it, but in case the main RV air-conditioner fails. I'm actually considering a portable air-conditioner instead that vents out a window, just so I can wheel it around to use where it's needed.

Also plan to get a dual-fuel (gasoline/propane) inverter generator. Looking at the Champion 3500W Dual Fuel.

Love the RV. But I don't trust it 100%, so I've learned to have spare parts and backup systems, and keep my tools with me.
scottkeen is offline   Reply With Quote