View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
radioattic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9967
Alabama MOC chapter?

Calling all Alabama MOC-ers!

I'm posting this to see if there is any interest in an informal Alabama "chapter" of the MOC. In case there are members not in the member list under Alabama, this is a dupe of the e-mails/PMs I sent to suspected Alabama folks. There are several things we could look at in terms of common interests, but here are some:
  • Local rallies or get-togethers. We have so may great camping locations in our state. Gatherings at our state parks or other places may be fun (especially during football season). I have no experience in organizing rallies, but would be interested in working with someone else on this.
  • Hands-on assistance with mods or repairs from a nearby MOC-er.
  • Sharing information about places to camp (or not to camp) in Alabama and nearby states.
  • Travel assistance for those "passing through" or planning. Help with overnight parking.
There are probably many other advantages to a local group, but like I said, the purpose of this e-mail is just to see if there's any interest. So if you're interested, even a little, please let me know and send me your e-mail address, thoughts, and ideas for future coordination.

radioattic is offline   Reply With Quote