View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 05:45 AM   #15
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lije Baley

Thanks. It may be the auto resetting circuit breaker. We replaced the similar breakers for our slides 2 years ago after they began stopping and starting as we moved them in and out. I'll first rewire the remote control module as Jack rewired his. If the shut-off of the landing gear motor continues, I'll increase the amperage of the circuit breaker.

We gave up using the remote long ago, as the batteries were always drained when we tried to use it. It had been so long that when the manual switches failed, I never thought of the remote and utilized the hand crank instead.
Bill here is a picture of my remote module:

Note mine is not the same as yours nor Jacks because my landing gear and level up are all hydraulic, however most of it is the same.

Power to the module is at the two terminals on the top right, the black wire leads to the first of two 50 amp circuit breakers. This circuit breaker provides power to the slides and landing gear at all times and is not affected by the 12V battery cut off switch.

The two terminals at the top left where it is marked Manual Switches supply power to the manual room switches at the main panel inside the unit. If power into the module is removed, or power out of the module to the switch is removed you cannot operate the slides with the manual switch.

At all times "on mine" while there is power to the module the output to the manual switch is hot, that applies even when the remote is turned on and the led lights up on the module indicating the remote is active. I am able to operate the slides from either the remote or the manual switch in the unit. This indicates to me there is no "failsafe" system built into my module.

If you never intend to use the remote, then powering the Manual Switches at the top left terminals as you appear to have done should give you the ability to use your Manual Switches, so leave it that way.

If your module and Jacks do indeed have a "failsafe" that interrupts the ground on that circuit, then moving the ground to chassis ground would bypass the module. Why they would interrupt the ground I don't know but perhaps that is the way your module is designed.

If you intend to replace any circuit breakers I would recommend you use manual reset ones. That will always tell you if that is what has happened, self resetting are convenient but you never know for sure if that was the problem. Make sure you check your battery condition and all the connections.

A picture of what the dealer did would also be helpful.

I hope you find a solution that does not involve a lot of work or expense. Good luck.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote