Thread: Cable TV hookup
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 03:25 AM   #7
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by swanny

I had the same problem. to make a long story short. My issue was in the bedroom closet. I had a bad cable end on one cable. Do yourself a favor and cut off every connector you can get to and replace it.. This problem drove me up a wall until i was able to troubleshoot the whole system. Ok i can't help it here is what I did. First hookup a dvd or vcr up to the tv and try it (play a movie). If it works good. Now trace back or away from your tv to the next connection hook it up and try your tv again. If it works your good to that point. Do this with every connection and always try your tv . if you get to one and the tv doesn't work replace connection and try again. Do this all the way to the outside connection. If i remember correctly the cable from the outside connection goes to the bed room first and split from there. The cable that was bad for me was the white cable from the bedroom to the tv in the living room.

hope this helps, kevin
Kevin is correct, but that cable is routed through the entertainment center and looped to the bedroom where it is combined with the TV Batwing (remember the green light on for BatWing Off for Cable) and sent back to the entertainment center.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote