View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
When you say hubs, are you referring to the sealed bearing assemblies? If so, I've seen a lot of postings on these for trucks your year and earlier. It was also an issue with the GM S series of pickups and Blazer type vehicles. As for lifetime warranty, at best it's a gamble by the manufacturer and at worst a scam. Most people who buy parts with lifetime warranties don't keep the vehicle long enough for the new part to go bad. Think about it - your truck was 8 years old when the parts went bad. Do you think you'll have it 8 years from now? You may, but it's likely you won't. Also, the lifetime warranty is on that part only, so if you need to replace it, the new part may not have the warranty. Case in point, I replaced the sealed bearings on an Olds Bravada with lifetime parts from a local supplier. A year later when they went bad again, the supplier gave me replacement parts, but told me they had no warranty on them because they were replacements for the lifetime warranty. May not make sense, but unless you have a lawyer at your disposal, what can you do?
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote