View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 02:59 AM   #53
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Rich, that is what I had to do. I was able to make a few "precision" cuts to get a look at the connections and confirm they weren't the problem. I taped them back up myself. I actually tried dropping a good portion of the underbelly first, but the screws were all so weak and rusty that the first several snapped off as I tried to remove them, so I gave up. The shop had to cut to locate the crack. So far the tape jobs I and they did are holding up.

Your comment about SOBs is probably accurate, at least for ones in my price range.. I have been looking at Mobile Suites and lurking on their forums. Seems there are still issues, though not nearly as numerous as Keystone. Definitely more robust construction, but at a huge weight price. I don't want to be right back where I was when towing my 3400 with a 3/4 ton and always worried about weight. As for a Class A, well that is a huge investment, so I may be better served to take some of that money and continue to make repairs and improvements to my 3400. I just want to believe that those things are actually designed to roll down the highway and not come apart.
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote