View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #50
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
I also had a leaking gray water tank recently. Local shop was able to find a crack and patch it. Who knows how long it will hold up? I find it ridiculous that we even have to advocate dumping tanks so frequently just to relieve the stress of the weight. So are our rigs designed to travel down the roads or not? When I lived in AK we frequently boondocked in our SOB. If I ever equip Monty with a generator I'd like to do the same. If these tanks can't travel with full loads of water or waste, what good are they? I should be able to travel to a dump station without fear of my tanks coming apart. Sounds like Keystones QC is getting worse, not better. My 2003 Mountaineer was such a trouble free rig that I became a repeat customer and bought current rig. It has had so many issues that I have lost tack of them all. I had considered trading up for a newer one in hopes the quality has improved, but I am not so sure after seeing Rich's experience. I'm now considering higher end SOBs or a Class A (they are built to drive down the highways, right?) because my wife is ready to take an early retirement and we'd like to do some long timing. I am not confident at all in current rig's ability to cooperate for a long journey.
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote