View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 04:39 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
OKKKK, we have seen the new Mountaineer with the bike rack! We were VERY very IMPRESSED!!! This is so cool!

How to describe. OK, the Mountaineer has a square bumper. So, what you do is PULL the bumper out! yes, PULL it out! You pull the bumper out, and there it is! It sorta reminds me of those cargo trays in some of the basement units.

I took photos, but it is late and there is no way to post them tonight, but I will, soon.

There is a piece that you take out and put in a square receptacle to use to tie the bikes too, you could probably put 3 full size bikes on it, maybe more. There is a 200 pound limitation printed right on the bike rack.

There is no receiver, this is a very large tray, I imagine you could use it for coolers, lawn chairs, and other stuff, as long as you do not exceed the 200 pound limit.

You need to see it to appreciate it, and tomorrow I will try to get the photos posted.

I cannot see how this would work with the Montana and no bumper, so, that may be bad info, cannot say. I think our friends saw another Keystone product with this pull out bike rack on it.

I would call it innovative!

Photos coming along as soon as I am awake enough to post them!

Carol

Oh, that big back window, we like it!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote