View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
Nighthawk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10340
One of our first mods to our 2007 3400RL was to replace both TVs with LCDs. Thanks to DarMar (Darwin and Maureen DeBackere), who gave me a tip on removing the LR TV, I removed both TVs and replaced them with a 32" LCD in the LR and a 26" LCD in the bedroom. (I like big screens.)

In the LR, I built a pull-out shelf with a 3" swivel to mount the TV. The TV covers the opening top to bottom (actually the top of the TV fits just under the opening) and it overlaps the sides as much as possible. The swivel allows us to watch TV while at the dining table, or to have it face us directly when relaxing in our recliner chairs.

The front of the shelf is faced with a piece of oak to match the other trim pieces. I installed 2 velcro straps to hold the TV in place when traveling.

This is the TV when in its "resting" position.

This picture shows the wide velcro straps we use when traveling.

This picture shows the small 3" swivel bought at Home Depot for a few bucks that is screwed to the TV and shelf.

This picture shows the drawer glides attached to the shelf I built and the TV mounted at the front.

The TV swiveled position when in our recliner chairs.
And when we are at the DR table or in the kitchen preparing meals.
For the bedroom 26" TV, I made a mounting bracket for the bottom of the TV and a couple for each side (top) that I attached to the door
frame.
TV in travel position secured with a wide velcro strap.

This is the top right bracket I made (1 of 3 brackets) to secure the TV to the door frame.
This is (not a good) view of the bottom bracket from behind the TV, of course. I hate screwing into the TV housing, but sometimes "you gotta do what you gotta do".
Finally a shot of the TV in a "watching" position.

These TV mods have worked out really well. Maybe they will give others ideas on how they might tackle a similar mod.