View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 06:55 AM   #12
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
OK, to anyone following this, I called Dometic today. Keystone, and another Dometic dealer.
Here is what I found out, Dometic gave me the number to one of there dealers, other than Camping World. I called Keystone, one of their techs confirmed what I thought, that the second thermostat upstairs should cycle the upstairs AC on and off as needed, when set to Auto.
My third call was to the Dometic Service Center I was given the number for, and I found out a ton. He also confirmed that the thermostat set to Auto should cycle the unit on and off with the compressor as needed when called for from the thermostat. Said it was either a bad board on the AC, or a bad thermostat. Told me to swap the thermostat with the one in my main cabin, and that will tell me where the problem is.
He also said, which pertains to the other issue on this thread, that the LO setting on AC should NEVER be used, as it causes it to freeze up, which will , in some cases ,shut the unit down. His recommendation is to always use the Auto mode so it cycles as needed, or if you want the constant on, to use the HI mode.
Hope this all helps out.
2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote