Thread: MOUSE PROBLEMS
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #7
Paintpro99
Established Member

M.O.C. #3285
Thanks for all your help everybody. Since I posted this, I have found out that I have been invaded by red squirrels. I purchased some sticky traps and caught 2 so far. There is still one more up there and hopefully I can get him tonight. I still can't figure out where they managed to get into the trailer. When I first purchased the RV, I filled every hole I could find with steel wool...even all around the sink pipes so I'm pretty sure they didn't get in there. I took apart the cupboard where the hot water heater is and everything looks good there...no evidence of anything being disturbed. As soon as I am sure I have captured all of them, I am going to foam every little hole I see. I hope they haven't done too much damage in the ceiling as I'm not sure how long they have been up there. I was thinking about taking down the ceiling in the bedroom as I am almost positive they have built a nest above the bed. I am concerned about how much damage they have done with regards to chewing electrical wires and air conditioning ducts. Has anyone ever taken down the ceiling in their RV? I am wondering how the ceiling panels are attached to the aluminum rafters. Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated. Thanks all.
Paintpro99 is offline   Reply With Quote