Thread: Sat TV advice
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
We have had the Dish pay as you go plan where you pay by the month for years. I did not authorize auto pay for my credit card and just call to pay for a month when we plan to use it. So if we do not plan to use it I do not call to pay for the next month and they simply shut off my service until I call again. But someone posted (either here or RV.net) that they call when headed home and tell Dish to TERMINATE their service. They said by doing that they retained any credit for unused service and would get that they next time they called to restart the service. Haven’t tried that. Yet.

I use some older equipment (vip211k receiver and Tailgater antenna) and it works well. Newer equipment is a Wally receiver. For an antenna the Pathway X2 gets good reviews for good reception , although it is more expensive than a Tailgater. Both are auto and find the sats themselves. A basic antenna on a tripod is cheaper but requires you to aim it.

Most basic package is $35/mo and you can custom add other packages of particular programming you might like. But that can run the costs up fairly quickly. Next higher plan with more channels is $75/mo.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote