View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 06:09 AM   #11
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Previously owned. We were in the market for a new TT - a Sunnybrook Mobile Scout 30FKS like that of friends of ours. We realized "no way" were we going to be able to pull it with our 3/4 ton conversion van, so we resigned ourselves to just wait until retirement (and savings plan payout) due to the sticker shock on the nice new tow vehicles (not to mention a new RV).

Not a week later I noticed an ad for a '99 F-250 V-10 pickup on a bulletin board at work. Turned out to be a friend of mind - a VERY meticulous person who really babied that baby !! Anway, got it for less than 1/2 what a new deisel F-250 would have been (this was in 2002). Then not a couple of days later during lunch I was drooling over travel trailer ads on the Internet when a co-worker asked if I was about to buy one. I told her "no - gotta wait because I just bought a truck" to which which she said she was asking because they had one for sale. I told her politely that we knew JUST what we wanted and I showed her the Mobile Scout floorplan. She said it looked just like their 2000 Mountaineer 305FKS. Well sure enough it was and we got it for less than 1/2 what a new one would have been. It too had been very well taken care of and only pulled a few times (they had lived in it about a year at a lakelot).

I'll never forget taking the literature for both trailers home and showing my wife "just to show her what I found" and for comparison. Then she asked how much and I asked her what she thought. Her reply was "Let's do it - it must be meant to be - a pickup and a TT within a week for considerably less than 1/2 the price of new ones !! Then I convinced her we saved so much maybe I could do a few upgrades with the savings. That's when she made the mistake saying I could go to Camping World and get "whatever I wanted". Man, that was a shopping spree !!!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote