View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #53
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
I never really understood the pissing match between the brands of truck. The best truck is the one YOU like and to bad mouth someones else`s decision is just plain rude IMO. The best selling truck year after year after year should be an indication of the best truck to own, the one with a farm tractor engine in it, the least sold and where the body starts to rust out before the 5th oil change should not. All this really doesn`t mean anything and your just lying to your self about only the best of everything in my world. And to think the drum beaters on that special brand will go out and buy another Montana and have it start falling apart before they can even get out of the dealers lot just like the last one and and the one before that and stand there with a fist full of tools and say "hell yes I`d buy another one, best camper on the market". Really, some times I wonder about the stupid things I say and do cause I`m guilty of the latter.
I've been pretty much a Chevy die-hard. I had a Dodge, generation 2, and tractor motor was great, the rest of it not. Then the D-max came out, and Chevy did a great job out of the gate. The LB7's had some injector issues, which they stood behind. It was do or die for Chevy with diesel engines. They had some real stinkers before the D-max.

Just never have really been a Ford fan, for no particular reason, but Ford didn't do themselves any favors either, with the 6.0. Someone didn't think that thing thru very well. You're not going to wick a 6.0L truck up to the point that you can beat you 6.6L competition, and expect it to have any reliability. Then came the 6.4. Marginally better, but still not enough displacement to compete. Now they have it figured out with the 6.7L

BUT, that has all but changed now. Still like the D-max, now with the 10 gear. But we're in line for a new truck, and I've been looking at all of them, including the new Ford. That Ford with a 10-speed, has got to be a pulling machine with 1050 ft-lbs of torque. When I told the wife the other day that we need to go and look at them, she thought I was kidding. No, I'm serious. The Ford definitely has more interior room as well, and I think it looks good.

I wish that Ram had a 10 gear. I'm guessing that they eventually get there as well, and with 1000 ft-lbs of torque there, that WOULD be the ultimate pulling monster.

All-in-all, it's a GREAT time to be a truck buyer, other than the money they want for these darn things. We have a lot of choices that aren't separated by many distinguishing factors, at least when it comes to power plants. Sometimes, you just have to swallow your pride and see what "fits"...

Of course, YMMV.
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote