View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 02:50 AM   #14
Montana_2180
Established Member

M.O.C. #2180
Sandy,

I bought my 2002 3575RL used, just a few months ago. It was used, but very little.

I have participated on this excellent site for as long as I have owned my 5er, maybe a little longer (it is what helped me decide!) Alot of what goes on around here is very helpful, but a word of caution concerning web forums:

Let me start by saying I also participate on another great web forum for Ford Superduty trucks, www.thedieselstop.com (I know, I know, I have a V-10, so what am I doing on that site? It has a ton of excellent info for all superduty trucks). What I notice on forum sites is folks like to vent...some come to bash and "bait", but most of us just come to talk, listen, and enjoy the friendship of folks with similar interests and products. You have to be careful with what you hear sometimes (there was a post by ONE person out here who had a very serious problem with the king pin mount and the structure on the front of the trailer...).

Now, I emphasized "ONE" not because anything was wrong with that post, but because that is the ONLY person so far that I have read about on this site of many users that had that problem. Anyhow, all the next day while I was at work I was fretting about that problem showing up on my trailer! I had to shake myself loose and realize that not all the problems apprearing out here happen to everyone or happen alot.

Never-the-less, I still find the "troubles" entries are useful (I cracked open the bottom of my shower to see if it was wet due to some exchange by some members on that one...alas, mine was bone dry!).

But I find the psyche of forums is to have elated owners and downers (not sure we have alot of downers around here, and by downers, I by NO means, intend that anyone who posts a problem (like the king pin problem) is a downer.) Many times they are doing it to help us by informing. The problem starts when you see alot of those posts all collected here in one site. Starts to make you wonder.

I have not towed my rig very far, but I am amazed at how well it pulled for the 300 or so miles I've pulled it.

I have not owned my 5er nearly as long as many of the veterans here, but the few months of full-timing I am doing in it so far has proven to be virtually trouble free.

Like others have said, no matter what you buy, you will probably have some level of trouble...it is, after all, built by men, and men usually make mistakes somewhere.

Do some serious research, soul-searching, and then make a decision based on facts, not emotion, or interior colors | | and go enjoy it!

Sorry for the long post, but that is what was on my mind and heart concerning this matter.

Chip
Montana_2180 is offline   Reply With Quote