View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 10:11 AM   #20
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Any vet with a VA rated disability of 50% or higher can get his/her healthcare provided. I'm rated 100% so my wife is on ChampVA. We both have Medicare and Humana provides a back-up for me for what the others do not. Champ VA for dependents is the absolute best coverage available. The last 3 VA regional systems I have been in are far better than any of the local providers in those areas.
I am at 40% disability and all of my medical care is covered by the VA and Tricare - and I have Medicare. I just had my first cataract surgery and the VA covered 100% of the cost. Yes, I am retired USAF, 24 years. DW has BCBS of Texas through Texas A&M University (Retired) and Tricare - will get Medicare once she turns 65.

I don't know what folks do who have -0- health insurance. I know one of my medications is more than $600 a month. All of our meds combined would cost us $3000 a month and we certainly could not afford that.

Texas still has a "few" hospitals who treat folks who have no insurance but the care is very limited - life saving only. It really is a sad situation for folks who have no other choice. With as many folks as there are with RVs perhaps if everyone got together they could come up with their own health care sharing plan -anyone talked to Escapees?
awheeler is offline   Reply With Quote