View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
A lot of "Good to know" stuff, for sure. It is a "Cover your Butt" publication, but it is my personal feeling in talking to Montana staff/dealers/MOCers these past 12 months, that everything possible is done (although, arguably not perfect) to accomodate the "Long Timer/Full Timer's" needs, as far as durability and being prepared to stand behind anything unusual that does indeed happen to a "known" FT unit.

I have been on this forum for almost a year, and I have not heard ONE instance of warranty work being denied on a Montana because it was "shockingly" discovered that the owners apparently did not have stick house somewhere to sleep in occassionally. Although I have heard a whole raft of OTHER stupid excuses for denying warranty work - starting with, "Did you buy it here???", then getting more ridiculous from there - but never, "Sorry, we have irrefutable proof that you have violated Keystone's stated policy against occupying this unit full time, therefore Keystone is officially denying this claim."

Maybe there has been a Montana incident. I just recall reading about one...

I find it curious that Keystone announces very clearly right up front in bold letters that this unit is not designed for extended occupancy, or cold weather use - then they spend two full pages telling you what to do, or watch for, if you DO use it for extended use, or during very cold weather... As I said - "curious"...

*On Edit~
OK... wasn't going to add this, but just felt the need. Before someone points this out... I realize that the precautions listed on these two pages of the Montana manual is info that ALL owners would find helpful - even those of us who are using our Montys "correctly" with "occassional, recreational use".

However, my specific thought/feeling is that Montana is REALLY trying to assist the LTer/FTer here with this info. JMHO.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote