View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #3
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosnowman View Post
I recently purchased a 2018 Montana 3721RL. I have had Direct TV for years and can tune my slim line dish in about 2 minutes every time. I use it tailgating, and have used it on my previous campers through the camper wiring. My last Fiver was a Cougar and it worked perfectly. Now I buy my dream Fiver which costs more than most of my other campers combined, and the wiring for the Direct TV doesn’t work, though I know it’s tuned perfectly since I tune it outside with a small TV. My SWM is also outside plugged in by The dish. So my question is for you experienced Direct TV guys..

I unscrewed the plugs at the convenience center and there are 3 different colored wires ( 1 cable & 2 satellite) going into a splitter and 3 white wires coming out that travel to my 3 TV’s. Obviously the splitter is one problem, and the probable reason you can’t run satellite in despite the plug that says satellite.
I tried using a multiswitch and wiring directly to the white wires bypassing the colored wires. Still no signal at my receiver. I finally gave up and ran the wire through my window directly to the receiver.

After searching the thousands of satellite threads on here I still can’t figure it out. Anyone have detailed instructions on how they fixed theirs? I have checked all connections and done all the basic stuff so I really could use some advice. I am not interested in drilling holes in a new camper through the slideouts to direct wire the thing instead of through the convenience center.

If Keystone reads this all I have to say is really? You build a high dollar Fiver and can’t seem to get some simple wiring done?

Thanks in advance.
I pulled new coax into ghe living room ent ctr. And ran it to the convenience center. Works great and you can’t see it where I ran it. The bedroom TV I didn’t fool with but should be easy enough to trace out and run a single coax possibly just cutting the factory one and hooking it into the convenience ctr.

Mark
MARK A is offline   Reply With Quote