Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #17
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackersBackers

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 08UltraRider

Thank you for your warm welcomes. From the sounds of it we should be adding Quartzite on our bucket list.... A rally or two should added as well... And while I'm at it.... A NASCAR infield event already is on the list.
Tim and Nadine, we started going to NASCAR races two years ago; have been fans for years. Indianapolis was our first and we would never go back there. Couldn't see very much. This last year, we went to New Hampshire and Michigan. Of the two, we liked New Hampshire the best. We were able to get dry camping quite surprisingly close to the track. The track is not very large so one is able to see it all. Very enjoyable races there. Michigan was ok but camping is farther away; not a big issue, we walk a lot. The track is bigger than NH. We were between turns three and four so had a good view of front and back tracks too. My husband took our older son to the Las Vegas races in 2006. Parking was horrendous (no RV then; they had a motel room in LV). Enjoy whatever race(s) you pick. NASCAR rocks!
Funny thing we feel the exact way about Indy so we have no desire to go there. Can't see much with those grandstands facing each other. We've been to Daytona and lately we were at Atlanta this past Labor Day to watch Smoke (my fav) take the checkers... We spent the afternoon in the pits and walked around the infield where we met some of the folks who were camping there. They sure were enjoying themselves.... Some more than others...

I have a neighbor who has been to the first 5 races at Vegas where they said it was horrible trying to get out of the track... Bad enough if they go back they would watch the race from the hotel room.

Congrats for the win on Sunday. I was at work during the game so I didn't get to see it but I was hoping the Packers would take it.
08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote