View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by artfuldodger

Where you live, it's a good move to reduce that rv weight I guess. Calgary is so close to the Rockies (and the best skiing we've ever done at Sunshine and Lake Louise resorts). I bet there's some beautiful parks to the west of you in those gorgeous mountains. We just recently bought a 3605 and i can only imagine with some concern pulling it through the Rockies to BC. We have rv'd from near Niagara falls to the south many times and have pulled large trailers through the mountains of Pennsylvania and Tennessee but that is small stuff compared to the mountains out west. Like one of the responders has done you still may want to gun up your pulling power with engine add ons like in and out air enlargements and perhaps a chip to reset your computer for different shift spots. You truly do live near the "High Country"
The mountain passes won't be a problem for miss Duramax's towing ability. I'm picking up the HC in BC so I can't wait to put my money where my mouth is....

We were looking at other Montys but I was concerned about the pin weight on the 2500HD. I think I would have been ok with a 3150 (which we like too) but I was having trouble sleeping at night with the weight of the 3400.

You're right about Sunshine and Lake Louise. I was through Lake Louise earlier today and commented to my Conductor about all the little dots coming down the mountain. The place was busy today.... lots of snow this year!
08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote