View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Deposit put down on a High Country 343RL

We finally did it a couple of days ago. I put the deposit down on a new High Country 343RL. We like the 3400 a lot but I feel it’s a bit heavy for my 2500HD so we opted for the almost same floor plan that the 343 offers. We like the separate bathroom more and it would have been nice to be able to get a king bed but we can live with that. The rumor about Keystone doing away with the two tone cabinet’s was confirmed true so it’s nice to see Keystone listened to their customers. I’m still a bit apprehensive about the cable slides but then again problems can arise from any of the systems… Sometimes keeping it simple is best.

It was a tough decision going with a Montana or a Heartland but the clincher was the number of Montana’s we see on the road… They’re everywhere so they must be doing something right. We were also looking at another SOB with interest but were turned off by the forum for that brand. They seemed to be either complaining about the issues with the trailer where the manufacturer wasn’t satisfactorily working with them or some were “justifying” their purchase with statements like “I’m having lots of problems with my camper but I love it anyways.”

We requested delivery for June 1st after the snow melts and got it written into the deal if I’m not happy with the tires it comes in with they will switch them out for a small fee… I’m thinking Maxxis… Getting it with factory installed slide toppers as well… Another idea received from this forum….

I want to thank all of the people in this forum for your helpful ideas and experiences and I know I’ll soon have more questions that the search feature won’t answer.

BTW… Will you guys let a grey trailer into your circle at Quartzite in a couple years? We’d love to meet some of you.
08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote