View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 03:20 AM   #32
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
You have to find a Montana Dealer that offers Costco Pricing.
You probably can do as well by wheeling and dealing but this cuts out all the mind games and of course if you have a Trade in, this complicates matters. I like selling my RVs privately and then dealing without a trade.

The Dealers that belong to the Costco Plan will not give you a price until you give them your membership number. Foleys RV in Wa state is a big dealer with a few Montanas in stock and do a search and you will find thier site. They will email you a price on any unit in stock or if you want to do a factory order, they will give you a price. They are very nice to deal with and I was all set to buy from them until another dealer closer to me beat the Costco price on an 06 Montana 2955RL that had every option we wanted. Good luck and remember there is a very large markup on RVs and what you are told you are getting for your trade in is a very inflated price.
As an example, my last RV I just sold privately 2 months ago for 19000 bucks , If I would have taken the best deal a local dealer offered me on a Cougar, by comparing the Costco price I was actually getting 9000 for my old RV. Now this was on a Cougar which is a much lower priced unit than a Montana. This is why I decided to get the Montana because I got it for the MSRP of a Cougar and the Montana is a much more upscale unit. We are very pleased with the Montana and this is the 7th brand new RV we have purchased and by far the best built of any of them.
I have had it for a month, crawled all around it. I am impressed and I am very fussy by nature.
All my other new units, I had doors to re-align, switch plates to straighhten , and numerous cosmetic flaws to repair. So far, all I have done on this Montana is put a safety switch on the hydraulic unit to prevent accidental use of the slide button. Take care, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote