View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 04:53 AM   #8
Poppa Bear 62
Established Member

M.O.C. #20004
Black Tank Cable Issues

I[ am somewhat new to the forum as in I don`t post much very often so please be patient. I have a 2008 3605 RL and am having a similar issue. I have a very hard time getting the handle pulled out and pushed back in on my black tank. I took the panels off in the storage to access the situation and couldn't see crap no pun intended. Do you have to take the bottom off to see what I am dealing with?? I am set up permanent so taking it somewhere to repair is not an option. I had also read on one thread that you could take the black sleeve off and lubricate it but I was unable to do that when I took the handle off. Is there any trick to doing that??
QUOTE=Doberman;1010874]Yes, it is always the black tank valve that screws up!!!! Anyway, tank is full, went to drain, pulled handle and nothing comes out. Crawl under RV, cut the black barrier to take a look. The cable is broke. Unfortunately, you can't change JUST the cable since the tank is full. I have to cut part of the valve/cable assembly so I can grab the valve and manual open it, drain, clean the tank and then replace the entire thing. From the looks of it, this is the original valve system under there now: http://www.rvautoparts.com/66N4AB72B...FcGRHwod24UFQQ. Has anyone replaced this valve with a different manufacturer? This particular style/model seems hard to find. I found this one but all other places show they are out of stock.

Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Poppa Bear 62 is offline   Reply With Quote