Thread: Ordered it
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 03:52 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
John,

You are right. Amplifier is different from repeater. The repeater captures signals and rebroadcasts and boosts them wirelessly where an amp is directly connected and amplifies the signal to only one device at a time. With a repeater, I can strengthen the signal to the two cell phones as well as the aircard all at the same time.

My problem is not what goes to what, but actually feeding the cable from the rear of the coach through the belly of Monty to a position at least 20' away from the exterior antenna to punch up through the bottom and mount the interior booster antenna.

Wilson's Repeater is simple enough -- exterior antenna in, interior antenna out, and a 110v power connection. The USB aircard is plugged into the wireless router which is AC powered. The aircard picks up the signal from the internal antenna as do the cell phones.

My real problem is placement of the repeater and actual laying of the antenna cable in a way that the cable will be protected, won't interfere with the slides, won't have cable lying around on the floor, and will be neat and unobtrusive.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote