View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 09:19 PM   #20
Mike_Garcia
Established Member

M.O.C. #13381
Send a message via MSN to Mike_Garcia
Congratulations on your new purchase! Heed everyone's advice as much as practical and don't take delivery late in the day. Get a morning appointment so you won't be rushed! Now I add my megger two cents, but it has served me very well. O the subject of sewage, a very crappy subject indeed! Buy 2 items, 1.Valterra T58 twist-on waste valve. Put it on the end of your dump line and then the outside cap on it. These things, at least mine, has a bad habit of seeping into the drain line and the last thing you want is to pop that cap and have a lap/shoe full of poo and other nasties. So you leave that gate valve on always and closed while not in use. Available from Amazon $17.68. 2. Camco RV Dual Flush RV Holding Tank Rinser (39072) $21.01. When you set up this goes directly onto the twist on gate valve. While it doesn't really flush your holding tank, it does backflush the pipe from the RV and when you turn the valve from tank to hose it nicely flushes your hose. Optional, but recommended: buy 2 twist on gate valves, the second one goes after the rinser, and then the hose. I have had several occasions where my tank clogged and I had to close the outermost valve and use the water pressure from the Holding tank rinser to clear the clog. Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts, but it always works. I have come up with this system for me from "crappy" experience. I would like anyone else's thoughts on this too. I have a picture of my arrangement if I can figure how to get it on here.