View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 04:19 AM   #37
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
Hi Rich,
They (Genera RV) lied about the temps or took them when it was cold outside. When they refused to work on it I did some repair.

I have partially fixed the AC to where is now will hold 76 degrees in 92 degree outside temperature with the thermostats set on 72. The temperature measurements at this equilibrium point are: Front AC = 45 degree supply air, 75 degree return air, Rear AC 63 degree supply air, 83 degree return air. The unit is in full sun parked in the worst direction N/S with the afternoon sun hitting the drivers side, off door side wall. All the window shades are pulled and it is dark.

Obviously the front AC is running great, The rear AC not so good, and the air distribution system is below Dometic Specifications. I can see what appears to be a broken duct in the ceiling and the bathroom is always freezing possibly indicating air leakage in the ceiling. The temperature of the supply air is not a good indicator it is the difference in the supply air to return air that is a good measurement.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote