Thread: Skylight shade
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #26
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I did as Phil did but I used an cheap auto front window bubblewrap sundeflector and cut it about an inch or so larger than the shower skylight! I then took numerous sticky backed velcro strips about 2" long and stuck it to the frame of the skylight. To mount the sundeflector to the velcro stipson the frame, I took more velcro that didn't have the sticky back and just stapled them(they can be sewn on if you like) to the sundeflector in the same spots as on the frame and stick the deflector up to the frame. It reflects the heat from the sun and also does not let any light in in the mornings or if I want an afternoon siesta! Never tried it in the COLD weather since the Monte is normally in storage then anyway. Just may have to try the foam or even the bubblewrap trick if we head out this next winter to get away from the Nebraska winters. Thanks for the multiple ideas and solutions! There's always different cures to all ailments!!
One question however, what is the frame made of that the shade rolls into? Is it metal or plastic? I would think the moisture from the shower would eventually rust a metal frame or housing!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote