View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 04:10 AM   #12
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Since it doesn't leak out with just a tank fill, as noted by dealer, and it does when traveling...that rules out water leaking out the tank drain as an issue. Then the varible is movement. Assuming the dealer dropped the bottom of the monte and didn't see any leaks from anywhere while sitting still, that leaves you with the water slosh factor due to movement. It well could be that this is an issue being noted with tank movement and opening of a crack or worn spot on tank due to strapping. My fresh water tank looks like a sausage with straps that change its shape where there is a strap. I would fill the tank only half full and take a drive. The more possible explaination is opening of the tank output connection due to movement. That hose is held in place with a hose clamp. Undertightening it can expose a leak, overtightening it can also cause a leak since the tank fitting is plastic. And you have to understand that maybe the dealer didn't drop the plastic bottem to really check things out unless you witnessed it off. John