Thread: Carpet Cleaning
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #10
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by blamb

I am glad this thread was here! Sorry to bring it up again since it's a bit old, but I was just about to ask if anyone knew if it would be a bad idea to use a regular carpet shampooer on the carpets in the montanas. I am currently deciding which of my things to keep and which to sell since I am planning a move into the montana. I wanted to take my shampooer which I LOVE with me but I wasn't sure if it would be bad for the carpets in the montanas.... I noticed there's not a lot of padding under the carpet (which I actually prefer anyway) so I had also wondered about the "will the water damage something under there" thing. Are you guys SURE my shampooer won't damage the carpet or whatever is under it? I have dogs.. and the shampooer saves a ton of work when one gets sick. (That's why it's totally worth the storage space it will take up)

(This is the shampooer I have, it's not quite as heavy duty as most home shampooers, it's meant to be used more often like on a weekly basis because it is so light and easy to use: http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-F6215-9.../dp/B0002MR7A2)
That carpet cleaner you use should be OK, providing you don't get the carpet too WET! If moisture gets below the backing of the carpet, how's it suppose to dry? Mildew could form.
I use a similar cleaning machine, it's a commercial unit.
The carpets used in Montana's are a low grade carpet that most carpet stores carry. It's Nylon, so cleaning it shouldn't be a problem.
Actually, they haven't used Shampoo for carpet cleaning since the 60's. The term Shampoo, is a loose term carried over from that era.
Most solutions used today, are of a clear nature & most don't leave dirt attracting residues.

Hope this helps............

I owned my Carpet & furniture cleaning business for over 25 years before retirement.
If you have any other questions, contact me.

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote