View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #16
Son of JVP
Established Member

M.O.C. #8249
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Andy,
You too have the memories, and they are wonderful ones. I would wager that sitting around the campfire with your folks and you would be a wonderful experience.

Be careful! You may just have a string of Montana's wanting to park in your driveway.
I wish I could offer y'all a free parking space, but my place is going to be a zoo this summer! My niece and her husband and their two little girls have been living in Vienna, Austria, working at an American-run Christian school for the last 5 years ( http://www.maysonandlaura.com ). They've been living on church support donations, and with the declining economy, their support is dwindling, while at the same time the Dollar/Euro exchange rate makes the U.S. Dollar worth only 48 cents over there. They are moving back to the states permanently this summer, and since they will have practically nothing, they are going to live with me until they can save up to buy a house. I told them I don't want them to be pouring money down the drain renting a cramped apartment somewhere. I'm a single guy and my grumpy cockatiel and I are used to having the house to ourselves, but that's all going to change in June! I'll have my folks in the Montana, and a family of 4 in the house, and my sister (the grandmother of the little girls), will be flying up here all the time to get her grandkid fix.
However, it's going to be great to have two happy, giggly, silly little girls running around! THEY are the important ones!
Here's a couple of pictures of the girls from my niece's blog on their website.
Andy

Son of JVP is offline   Reply With Quote