View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 06:07 PM   #27
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
One month is not enough time to do this trip. We did ours and it took 3 months. We stayed about 3 days at most places
Nashville is nice not sure about Knoxville. Memphis is ok. We stayed in west Memphis when we went. It was just across the river. Was told not to stay in Memphis itself. Not as nice area. Bass Pro has a cool place there. I missed it but I will get there. Elvis is there so take the tour of his house. Its a must see. the rest is just ok not much. but the house is very nice.
we stayed here https://www.goodsam.com/campgrounds-...26list%3Dfalse
It was right on the river. I had a spot in the shade because it was hot. They do have spots on the river if you can get one. Laundry was free when I went.
When in Oklahoma city go visit the Street Outlaws. See Farmtruck and Azn Get some 405 stuff If you are into that stuff. Nice city though.
Albuquerque New Mexico is cool. They have a tram that goes up to Sandia Peak very nice up there.
I plan where to stay and wife plans things to do. Then we sit and figure how long to stay. I make reservations about a month in advance for holidays and then you kind of get locked into a itinerary. I get all the RV park information and put it in a book so I can call on the road and dont have to look them up . Planing is everything. I used over 1,000 gallons of fuel on my last trip just so you know. and averaged 11 MPG
Absolutely agree with the Tom Sawyer park in West Memphis. You have to drive thru some questionable areas to get there but it is somewhat secluded from that and much safer than Memphis. DO NOT STAY IN MEMPHIS!!! If you do go, only go during the day and stay in the tourist areas. The Memphis Zoo is good, botanical garden and Pink Palace are also worthwhile if you have the time. Bass Pro Shops bought out the Memphis Pyramid and that is certainly worth a visit. You can visit downtown Beal street during the day but don't wander off of it into the surrounding areas (sorta like a mini version of New Orleans Bourbon Street complete with the rough areas off of it). Be sure to go watch the ducks at the Peabody motel and eat at the Spaghetti Warehouse along the river front. In West Memphis they have dog races on the North side of the Interstate.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote