View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Prayers and moral support for Dennis and Donna Zie

Prayers and moral support for Dennis and Donna Ziegler– KA9VRX.

Quote:
quote:
On June 30th, between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon while Denny and I were at work our home caught on fire and we pretty much lost everything including our beloved pets, Schautzie, Kado, Tasha, Gizmo, Swiffer and Cheeto. We have been swamped with trying to sort through the carnage and to regroup. Just recently we have gotten internet back up running. We are now full timing in the Monty on our 3 acres so we can keep an eye on everything. Let us know if you need anything else and I will do my best to get it to you. Please use our picture from last year as most of our pictures were either lost or at the restorer.

At this point WE ARE COMING to the RALLY!!!!! YES Can't wait. We need a break from all of this. See you soon!!!!

Donna
(I requested permission to post the above)

John,

It will be fine to post the paragraph and this update as well. We had not posted anything till now because we have been so busy with everything that responding to any of our emails has been next to impossible. Finding time between work and the work here cleaning up the carnage doesn’t leave a lot of time to respond and we did not want any one to think we wouldn’t appreciate the concern and we know that with the MOC family the concern is genuine. The Pole Barn Home that we had was a cute little cottage apartment that we were temporarily staying in until we built our permanent home. According to the fire investigator we had a wire in the wall that had rested against a nail and through time the movement and heat caused the insulation to wear thin and eventually started arching which started the fire. However Denny and another electrician have doubts that this was the true cause. The nail that the investigator pulled out was in wood and it could not have been arching until after the wood had been burning. We really feel that a mouse that we knew had been in the cabinet (something that all of us have had to contend with when living in the country) was the culprit. The inside of the home is what was totally lost and a corner of the actual barn structure. The Amish have been here for 2 days fixing the barn structure to make it sound again however we will be gutting the inside walls of the apartment and only use the barn as a storage and workshop now. We do have good news we have been approved to start on a new home. We have decided on a modular since winter will be on us before we know it and building the home that we had been planning originally will take up to 7 months and the modular will be done and we will be in it at the max by November. Please let every one know that if we don’t respond right away, it is only because we are still so busy, but do appreciate their concern.

Thank you for your kind words,

Donna & Denny
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote