Old 07-07-2015, 07:19 AM   #11
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jlb27537

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TLightning

Refrig runs all the time. I put a small AC fan on the outside at the top of the unit that blows down on it to try to keep it cool. It is controlled by a remote from inside. It's a very tight fit.
Tom, as others have said, the purpose of the fans are to cause a UPWARD flow of air behind the frig and OUT the top vent.

IF you are blowing air downward from the top, you are defeating the effect of the OEM fans.

The fins inside the frig do not put cold into the frig, they absorb the heat inside the frig and transfer the heat to the rear of the frig where convection air flow allows the hot air to escape out the top vent. Fans on the back of the frig, blowing UP, help the convection air flow.

Remember what we learned in 9th grade science, absence of heat is what? cold. Go outside and hold your hand over the top of your A/C unit when it is running. You got hot air coming out the top of it. That is heat from the inside of your house. Take the temp of the outside ambient and then the temp of the air coming from the top of your A/C unit. The discharge air will be higher.

You must remove the heat from the back of the frig for the inside to be "cold".

I have a small 4" 120vac fan from W/Mart blowing UP in the outside compartment. It runs 100% of the time I am plugged in. My frig works perfect.

Jim
Top or bottom outside vent?
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote