Thread: Remote
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 06:34 AM   #27
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Programming the remote is as easy as the instructions on the base unit say. I have done this several times with replacement remotes. The one thing to watch for is there are different templates for the remote depending on the model of your Montana. I have no idea what a 347 THT model looks like nor its slide configuration. Hopefully they send you a remote with the correct template. My 3700 uses a weird template and it took several tries to get the correct one.

Having the wrong template is not a show stopper. The remote does "pair" with the base unit. You just have to experiment with it to see what each button does. If the functions match the template - great. If not, you can adapt - maybe make a Dymo tape label while waiting for Montana to send the correct template.

All the remotes I have seen turn on the same way despite the different templates. As Ed wrote above, the pair of buttons above the mountains are the key. This pair has two functions: one, to turn on the remote; and two, to turn on the scare lights (which once turned on by the remote, must be turned off by the remote). Press the button above "LCI" and then the "ON" button above that. A second depression of the "ON" button will turn on the scare lights. It is very easy to do accidentally so be sure to check the light when you are done.

There are a bunch of remote haters here on the MOC, but I love mine. I use it when hooking up as I can adjust the pin height (raising/lowering the front legs) from the truck as I back in.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote