Thread: 3485 verus 3585
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #13
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I wish I'd read the "latch on the drawer" post before we had the unfortunate experience of extending the slides after coming home with our new Montana, only to hear the most awful screeching noise accompanied by some shuddering of the slideout on the sofa/table and chairs side. Thankfully, I was monitoring things closely and immediately brought the slideout back in, and then crawled over the table and chairs to see what the problem was. It was that drawer under the fridge; it had opened and caught the slide during transit, so when I opened the slideouts, that one side hung up on the drawer. No damage to the slideout mechanism was done, but I did end up with a scratched and chewed-up drawer on one edge. A little sandpaper and some furniture oil with a touch of color fixed the drawer, and then we had the catch fixed. We've had the same problem with a couple of kitchen cabinets and the drawers in the bedroom, too, so the service department at our dealer fixed all the catches so that they are much, much tighter (a pain in the you-know-what sometimes, but the drawers and cabinet door stay shut). Now, does anyone have an easy fix for keeping the table extension from extending itself during travel? Right now I'm wedging one of the dog beds between the table and the kitchen counter, but I'd like to find another way to keep that extension in place. Maybe I should put a bungee cored around the tabletop (lengthwise).
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote