View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 06:26 PM   #37
jerry welliver

M.O.C. #17732
We have a 2012 3750FL Montana and have traveled well over 70,000 miles all over this great country after purchasing new. It came with a battery from the dealer. I went to a battery supply house, ( that's all they do is battery's) and asked their opinion. They suggested the larger 27 series deep cycle batteries. They took the new one that came with the coach in on trade and I purchased TWO of the good batteries, (Deep cycle) and I connected them up that included another battery box and attached the vents to both battery boxes. We drive a 2012 GMC diesel that has two alternator and two batteries in the truck as standard equipment. We have dry camped for three days with out connecting to shore power. We have put on board enough water for our personal used for that time of traveling and sit seeing. Wal-Marts Parking over night, run furnace, lights, 12 volt TV in our Bed Room, showers, etc. Our truck charges the batteries while we are driving during the day. We do disconnect the truck, RV power cable when we parked. Well into our 6th year of travel did we have a low power indicator in the morning. We just plugged the truck in and were good to go. That told us that we may need new batteries. But after six plus year not bad. Replaced the Batteries and are on the road again. Old saying you get what you pay for. Hope this helps you. Happy travels
jerry welliver is offline   Reply With Quote