Thread: Television lift
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #23
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi all

Update on TV lift.

I was able to get the lift up about 6 inches and what I have found is Keystone did use the plywood but it is cut to a size that I am unable to see it thru the holes I have cut in the wall between the sound system and the TV / lift cabinet. The top Corian top is glued to the wood then the wood is fastened to the lift with 5 screws that would be impossible to remove with the TV down in the cabinet.

This is a deliberate as you can get and defiantly makes it imposable to remove the TV and lift when the TV is stuck in the down position.

I am waiting for a friend to come over and help me lift the TV out of the counter so I can remove the lift.

When I get the new lift I will make sure I can get support from all manufactures involved in the components to make the lift before I install it.

What has gone on here is the same kind of extortion the generator manufactures except for the one that doesn’t do this when you need support for your stand by generator and they want thousands of dollars to come to you and tell how much it may cost to repair it. Starting with Keystones refusal or inability to provide me information from the build ticket to Linaks refusal to provide me with the pin out information that would allow me to extend the lift tower enough to gain access.

Phil P

PS: the fuse let me run it up enough before it poped.
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote