Thread: Antifreeze
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 05:19 AM   #14
Arion
Established Member

M.O.C. #14672
Good of a place as any to ask;

I winterized for the first time the other day. Ran the lines dry, took the caps off the water tank and low point drains. Then drained the water heater and turned the bypass on and then put the pump over to the bypass position so it would suck from the hose going into the anti-freeze. Ran two gallons through the system and it wouldn't pressurize. Went outside and found out it had peed all two gallons out thru the low point drains. So I figured out I had to put the caps back on those drains and the lines pressurized and ran the pink stuff through all the hot/cold lines including the outside shower and also made sure plenty of antifreeze in the traps as well as the toilet. Now for the question.

I ran the two gray tanks and waste tanks dry until no more water came out and some of the antifreeze I flushed through the system also came out the main drain. The question is do I leave all three drains open all winter or do I close them and put some more antifreeze into the tanks? I figured that I wouldn't put any AF in the fresh water tank and left the cap off that one.

Thanks in advance,

Doug
Arion is offline   Reply With Quote