Old 03-31-2010, 12:13 PM   #15
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 7.3Ford

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sky
... Of course you can get an officer that sees no gray area, only black and would give his mother a ticket for doin 1//2 mph over the limit...
In Georgia only State Trooper can get you for 1/2 mph over speed limit. All others, county or city police departments have to get you going 7 or 8 mph over (except residential areas 25 is 25). It appears there was state law passed because of cities and counties setting up speed traps, and Georgia was getting a un-visitor friendly rap.

When we first moved to Georgia, we were in a caravan of folks going to a pinewood derby. We were going 60 MPH on a 55 posted road. They came up on a county police car going 55 MPH, and I watched in disbelief as they passed him. Needless to say I didn't.

I’m with you on that one!
Why push your luck on something like that. A co-worker of mine was going to work one day riding in a car pool. He came upon a state trooper that was apparently going a little slower than the posted speed limit. As he passed he told the other people riding with him “now you are my witnesses I’m not speeding.” Sure enough he got pulled over. Not for speeding though his tags was expired.