View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
HoboBob & helicopter?

Well, he did the ride, but .... He does not remember it!

I will back up a bit. Most of you know my husband has breathing issues ie COPD. Well, his body decided it did not want to work properly together & he began to have difficulty breathing. Inhalers were nit strong enough. The nebulizer was not a good rescue. So we called 911 & they chose to fly him to West Valley Hospital in Goodyear late afternoon yesterday.

As they were getting him ready to "board" he was still having difficulty & he "needed" to be intabated (sp)! Consequently, they put him "out" & he does not remember a thing! Today was good. Vitals were good all night & so was heart. So I visited today & his color was good & you could see he was weak from all that work on his body.

But, when he woke this morning they were "testing" his response (which were good & they were making preparations to remove the tube) "&" "he removed" the tube! He says "it hurt - it came out"!

update - they were going to move out of ICU, & then his body started working harder & his color became ashy again. So they are watching & keeping an eye on him tonight.(no tubes!)

So if you are a praying person we would cherish your prayers. Thank you.