View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 03:15 PM   #16
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FireTruckerWife

Donna:
I got a Singer featherweight to carry in the rig. I would probably use the dining room table for sewing, . I got one of the "Fiskar" suitcases from JoAnnes to carry my sewing supplies in. It includes an ironing surface, holds the cutting mat, ruler and fabric, and has a pallette like thing that holds needles, thread, scissors, rotary cutters and all the little gadgets we like to use. Both items will tuck into the closet. If you wait for one of Joannes 40% or 50% coupons the suitcase is even reasonable cost.
Hello Sharon,
Thanks for your tip on the "Fiskar suitcase" I have never seen one, but I will keep my eyes open for one now that I know it exists. I have a folding cutting/ironing pad, but not as elaborate as you describe. I also have a Singer Featherweight that I inherited from my mother. It looks to be in good shape, but I have not used it for quilting yet, because I think it should be serviced first. My sewing maching is a portable Swiss-made Elna that is quite light and easy to transport.

I think we are just going to have ask Lady RV to start a Montana Quilters section on the forum, I have run into a surprising number of quilters in our travels.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote